Our take on the eastern essential gyuto, a large beef-centric chef knife.
"Gyuto" translates from Japanese to "cow sword"
- Hand forged, made to order*
- 9.5” Blade, 2.5” heel, 14” overall length
- Choice of High carbon 52100 steel, Damascus, Coppermascus or layered Bourbon Barrel steel. Read about our materials here
- Full tang in stabilzed select hardwoods with brass pins
- 9oz, slightly foward weighted
As always, our shop uses local and reclaimed materials first whenever possible without sacrificing tool performance or quality.
*Our orders are hand made as they are received. Exact turn around time can depend greatly on the order volume and unique complexity of each tool. The expected lead time to ship is up to 4 months. Please reach out before purchasing if you have questions about the order queue or shipping.